Ecole Central Elementary School
At Ecole Central Elementary all students are required to:
- Sign a technology agreement form at the beginning of every school year to be able to utilize a district learning account as well as utilize district technology.
- Use technology to further learning.
- Be a responsibly digital citizen.
Being a Digital Citizen means:
- Taking care of equipment (making sure it is put back properly).
- Ensuring any device being used is safe at all times.
- Being aware of the positive and negative aspects of using technology (phones, ipads, computers, etc).
- Using devices at appropriate times.
- Embody the A.R.T.S online. Being accepting, respecting self/others when using technology, fostering togetherness and safety.
- Being responsible/accountable for actions.
- Ensuring digital footprint is safe and responsible.
- Building a community of learners.
Digital Citizenship Goals:
- Learn the appropriate way to log on and learn to keep personal log on information safe.
- Being able to give yourself a time limit
- Understanding you are not anonymous
- Learning the proper way to type on the computer (using your hands – not your fingers)
- Be familiar with the appropriate vocabulary in regards to technology.
- Discern appropriate content for their age group (ie on youtube). Basic research skills for search engines.
- Safety at school and at home before using a new website/app, etc
- Safety in regards to personal information, cyber bullying, digital footprint
- Use materials, tools and technologies in a safe manner, and with an awareness of the safety of othersin both physical and digital environments (https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/curriculum/adst/4)
- Develop critical thinking skills in regards to technology
- Research skills
- Safe searches
- Valid websites/reliability
- Fluency with keyboard
- 6 District Program – Curriculum with Technology