Hello Parents and Students,
I know many of you are anxiously waiting to find out what the month of June will look like. While I can give you a few details today, please check back later this week for further information. This week, our staff will thoroughly go over as well as put in place all the safety protocols from the Provincial Health Officer and Work Safe BC.
Information for the week of May 25-29
- Please read the following updates from the School district – link to the District Continuity of Learning Plan Stage 3 – https://bit.ly/sd60COLF2
- Summary included below as well:
- Our school will be offering a partial in-person schedule starting the week of June 1st. Students will be participating in smaller classes for two, back-to-back days. Classes will be at most half size and there will be health and safety protocols in place. Staff have been contacting families to ask if you would like your child(ren) to come back to school and whether they will need their seat on their usual bus to attend. Where possible we ask families to drive their students to the school instead of using the bus. For families that choose not to send children to school, remote learning support will be provided. The level of support and scheduled online events for remote learning will change from what was provided in April and May. The week of May 25-29, teachers will also be helping with the restart, so there may be some reduced online learning opportunities. Thanks for your patience as we prepare to re-open.
- Please respond to the survey your child’s teacher sent out last week if you have not already done so. Once we have all these results, we will be able to plan which day your child will attend school.
- Parents that have chosen to have their children return to school can expect an email by Wednesday, May 27th, letting them know which two days their child will be attending. Group #1 will attend on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Group #2 will attend on Thursdays and Fridays
- Last call for the garden beds: NEAT Garden Beds: This year due to COVID 19- the program will not be available. We would like to invite families to use the garden beds. Please let me know if you would like to use one of the beds to plant some vegetables for your family.
- School Planning 2020-2021 – Please contact the office if you will not be attending Ecole Central Elementary next year. This helps with our planning for the upcoming school year.
Information for the week of June 1-5
- June 2020- Student drop off and pick up procedures: When school re-opens on Tuesday, June 2nd our drop off and pick up procedures will be adjusted. More information to come. If your child does take the bus, please consider driving them to and from school if possible.
- According to District Guidelines, for Health and Safety reasons, please note for June parents/family members will not be coming into the school, except by appointment.
- Supplies List: We will be sending out a list of supplies on Thursday, May 28th with all the return to school information.
I will email out a PowerPoint presentation with all the information for your child’s optional return to school later this week. Thank you again for your patience.
- Frequently Asked Questions – about Stage 3 Continuity of Learning
- BC Ministry of Education site for families – https://www.openschool.bc.ca/keeplearning/
- COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support