I can hardly believe that we are going into our last month of school. By now, all students/families returning for partial attendance should have received a few emails from their classroom teacher:
- You should have an email indicating whether your child is group 1 (Tuesday/Wednesday) or group 2 (Thursday/Friday). While establishing the groups, many aspects came into play such as bussing, family groupings, and 50% capacity.
- You should also have an email with a return to school letter and a PowerPoint presentation to go over with your child. I know there are a few glitches with the presentation and I am happy to email it to individual families if the document will not open for you. Please send me an email if you run into problems.
As you know, Mondays will be a day to support home learning and teacher preparation period. Students returning to school are not required to do the online portion since teachers will be going over the material in class with them. Support for home learning for families who choose not to attend will continue but the level of service for remote learning is understood to change with more in-person instruction and supervision.
I am including the four district protocols once again as a reminder:
Four District Protocols for Staff and Students:
- No Illness: Check students daily for signs of cold, flu, COVID-19, call 811 if unsure of symptoms, stay home when sick, if a child becomes sick during the day they will be isolated until a parent can pick them up.
- Physical Distancing: maintain a two-meter distance between adults, no physical contact between students.
- Personal Hygiene/Handwashing: Handwashing stations are set up for students and staff and all will be required to wash their hands frequently, particularly when entering and exiting the building. Water fountains will not be on.
- Cleaning Regime: A daytime custodian will be present to clean high touch surfaces frequently including high touch surfaces, bathrooms and handles. Deep cleaning will occur after regular school hours
Please be mindful of the two-meter physical distancing as you drop off or pick up your child. While we are always happy to welcome you into the school, we ask that you not enter the school at this time. Please call to schedule an appointment.
We are excited to see you this week! Mme Côté-Aubin